A team of qualified and dedicated Pediatricians is committed to take care of your children at the Pediatrics department, Madina Teaching hospital. As a part of our commitment to provide the best possible medical care to your sick children, our team also take time to address their behavioral, emotional, nutritional needs and physical growth as well. Under nutrition including wasting and stunting is a major health issue in our country, the main factors being ignorance and lack of resources. The best gift a mother can offer to her child is good nutritional support in the form of breastfeeding and healthy nutritious diet. We believe in promoting healthy nutritional practices including breastfeeding, appropriate weaning and micronutrient supplementation.
Our team of experienced and qualified pediatricians and nurses is here to guide you and keep updated regarding your childs physical and mental health concerns including physical growth, immunization guidelines, nutritional support and behavioral problems.
We believe in achievement and maintenance of excellence in healthcare, Education and Research to serve the humanity and we are continuously striving for that.
The pediatrics department of Madina teaching Hospital, Faisalabad is serving the sick and needy children since 2007. The department comprises of fifty bedded Pediatrics ward including emergency unit, twenty five bedded well quipped neonatal unit and a vaccination center.
Pediatrics department is providing outpatient services on daily basis six days a week, as well as round the clock emergency services seven days a week. We deal with all types of Pediatric emergencies including meningitis, status epilepticus, acute diarrhea, severe bronchopneumonia, cardiac failure, respiratory failure, severe asthma, acute renal failure. Various chronic illnesses as well as nutritional and endocrine disorders of children uptil 16 years of age including short height, low weight, malnutrition, asthma, tuberculosis, celiac disease, epilepsy, developmentally delayed children, thyroid dysfunctions and diabetes are also being managed successfully. Our neonatal unit is providing neonatal care services round the clock not only to the newborns being delivered in the Gyne department but to also those referred from periphery. The neonatal unit is well equipped with the latest machinery including cardiac monitors, phototherapy units, incubators, non invasive ventilators CPAP machines and mechanical ventilator. We deal with all types of neonatal emergencies including birth asphyxia, premature neonate, neonatal jaundice, metabolic disorders and low birth weight infants. By the grace of almighty Allah and untiring efforts of our dedicated doctors and staff, the low birth weight and premature newborns with minimum weight of 900 grams have been survived in our neonatal ICU.
The Pediatrics department provides teaching services to the medical students of 4th year and final year MBBS. The clinical training for undergraduate MBBS students in the Pediatrics department provides experience in the pediatric inpatient, outpatient’s clinic, intensive care, neonatal intensive care and nursery. The goal of training is to enhance students’ clinical skills through personal experience and direct involvement in patient care. Different teaching methodologies are being used in the department including group discussions, case based discussions and problem based learning. Students are also provided with the opportunity to participate in seminars, clinical meetings and hands on clinical skill workshops. Academic excellence of the department is evident by successful annual results of final professional examination including distinctions every year.
The department also offers the post graduation fellowship program in Pediatrics i.e., FCPS accredited by College of Physician & Surgeons Pakistan. We are the first one among private sector hospitals in Faisalabad to get accreditation for FCPS program in Pediatrics. Neonatal life support courses and basic life support courses are being conducted on regular basis within the department for newly inducted junior doctors and paramedical staff. Special dedicated sessions are conducted within the wards for awareness of mothers regarding breast feeding, appropriate feeding practices and nutritional problems of their children.
Faculty of the department is well motivated for the research as well and so far nineteen research papers have been generated by faculty members of the department and published in various national and international journals and many future research studies are in progress.
• We offer regular medical diagnostic and therapeutic medical procedures including exchange transfusion, central lines, pleural and peritoneal tap, emergency needle thoracostomies, and liver biopsies.
• Neonatal Intensive care unit is well equipped with advanced equipments including mechanical ventilator, non invasive CPAP ventilators, cardiac monitors, ventilators, phototherapy units and incubators.
• The Neonatology unit not only provides round the clock neonatal resuscitation services to the in house Obstetrics department but also caters neonatal emergencies referred from the nearby areas.
• Special medical services are being provided to premature infants including surfactant administration and non invasive mechanical ventilation with successful results.
• Screening services are also being offered to the patients to screen for retinopathy of prematurity, celiac screening, behavioral disorders like autism and ADHD in collaboration with specified departments of MTH.
• Hormonal treatment is also being offered for various endocrine disorders like growth hormone deficiency, adrenal disorders, and hypogonadism.
• Neonatal life support courses and basic life support courses are being conducted within the department on regular basis for junior doctors as well as paramedical staff.
• Nutritional rehabilitation services are being offered to malnourished children in the form of screening for micronutrient deficiency like iron, calcium and vitamin D, personalized dietary advice to parents in the form of diet charts, counseling sessions to promote breast feeding and healthy nutritional habits.