Mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices. Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
“Through our emotions, our mind, body, and spirit are sending signals that something has to shift. There isn’t anybody out there who doesn’t have a mental health issue, whether it’s depression, anxiety, or how to cope with relationships. “Mental health needs a great deal of attention. Mental health is vital in all stages of life. For you to realize your full potential, achieve success and live a more fulfilling life, you need to have a healthy mental state.
While taking care of your mental health might mean getting professional support, you should also consider making the right changes for you besides seeking professional help if you need it, you should make time to connect with others, think positively yourself and get physically active.
Professor Dr. SalahuddinAyubi
MBBS, DLO, MCPS, FCPS,
Head of Otorhinolaryngology Department,
Madinah Teaching Hospital, Faisalabad.
Psychiatry Department in Madinah Teaching Hospital (MTH) was started in 2009. Services rendered by psychiatry department for both male & female outdoor and indoor services for psychiatric patients. Services for patients suffering from drug dependence.
1) Psychological tests are performed for children and adults to screen various mental disabilities and disturbances.
2) For self awareness and to get rid of emotional demolishment, we provide better counseling and psychotherapy.
3) Department continuously making efforts to give awareness about mental disorders to society of Faisalabad especially peripheral areas district Faisalabad.
4) The discipline studies the operations of different organs and body systems as classified by the patient's subjective experiences and the objective physiology of the patient. Psychiatry treats mental disorders, which are conventionally divided into three very general categories: mental illnesses, severe learning disabilities, and personality disorders.While the focus of psychiatry has changed little over time, the diagnostic and treatment processes have evolved dramatically and continue to do so.
5) Treatment in psychiatry department as a whole are conducted on an interdisciplinary basis e.g., with, mental health counselors, nurses, psychologists, public health specialists, radiologists or social workers.
6) The department is headed by Professor Dr. Tariq Rashid and we also a clinical psychologist. The combined treatment of psychiatric medication and psychotherapy has become the most common mode of psychiatric treatment in current practice, but contemporary practice also includes a wide variety of other modalities, e.g., assertive community treatment, community reinforcement, and supported employment. Treatment may be delivered on an inpatient or outpatient basis, depending on the severity of functional impairment.
A large number of psychiatric disorders have been identified. Common psychiatric disorders we see everyday in our surrounding include :
• Dissociative disorder
• Somatisation (MUS)
• Anxiety disorder
• Personality disorder
(1) Assessment of psychological illness and diagnosis.
(2) Monitor patients emotional and clinical well being.
(3) Prescribe, direct or administer psychotherapeutic treatment or medication to treat mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders.
(4) Analyze and evaluate patient data or test findings to diagnose nature or extent of mental disorders.
(5) Collaborate with physicians, psychologists, social workers, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress.
(6) Counsel outpatients or other patients during office visits.
(7) Examine or conduct laboratory or diagnostic tests on patients to provide information on general physical condition or mental disorders.
(8) Advice or in form guardians, relatives or significant others of patients, condition or treatment.
(9) Teach take continuing education classes, attend conferences or seminars or conduct research and publish finding to increase understanding of mental emotional or behavioral states or disorders.
(10) Review and evaluate treatment procedures and outcomes of other psychiatrists or medical professionals.
(11) Prepare and submit case reports or seminars to government or mental health agencies.
(12) Serve on committees to promote maintain mental health services or delivery systems.
(13) Provide student counseling.
(14) To help students to develop the self management program and maintenance.
(15) Family therapy.
(16) Couple therapy.
(17) Individual therapy.
(18) Dealing with addiction related issues and reference to relevant issues.
(19) Anger management training.
(20) Stress management training.
(21) Muscle relaxation training.
(22) To guide nurse, students doctors and should be able to solve their problems.
(23) Assess clinical, educational needed , patient and client teaching needs utilizing a variety of methods.
Special service description